I don't know what it is about football that does it for me ...

.
Yay! It's Monday and I have my girls back :)

It's also the single most conflicting Monday Night Football game I have ever watched. I've never been an "I hate everyone in the NFC North"-type Packer fan, so I never had a ton of bad feelings for the Vikings to begin with. Used to love watching Cris Carter, and the brief Carter-Moss tandem was fab. So when Favre went to the Vikes, well, I couldn't hate. And Favre and the Vikings have been a lot more fun to watch than Rodgers and the Pack.

Packers-Vikings is just wrong on so many levels. I'm so confused. Of course I want my team to win, but this year I have two teams. And I so badly want Favre to pull a "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" on Ted Thompson and the front office folks. I *should* be asleep, or at least getting there, since I've been fighting a bug all weekend, and I'm sure the girls aren't going to let me sleep in, but I can't walk away from football!

I'm sure I'll jinx her, but Bean's had a great couple days at school, and her teacher apologized to me today for coming across as negative. I doubt we're looking at eternal smooth sailing from this point forward, but it's a nice set of circumstances. Bean has also invited her teacher to Sea World, so I'm thinking she probably likes her teacher just fine, whatever my reservations are/were about the expectations they have of her.

Congrats Brett. That was a great game. The only QB in the history of the league to beat all 32 teams.

More tomorrow, if I'm up early enough or by some miracle I choose to stay up instead of crashing with the girls. Right now, I know 5:30 is gonna come way, way too early.
.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Vick :) Re: my youngest (R) is mostly responding out of communication frustration. She'll be two in December, and only has about a half dozen (unclear) words at her use. Our independent assessment at daycare showed us that the educator was missing literally dozens of events throughout the day where R was trying to communicate or was hurt or upset, and it was being blamed on 'behaviour' - very frustrating to say the least! We're working on it though!

Jen said...

So, I forgot my Twitter account info so I can't log in right now. Looks like the girls are sick :( Bummer and I hope you all feel better soon. How's work? Life? Dating?

Julia said...

Didn't understand a word of the football talk, but glad to read that Bean is doing better in her class. I saw her over with C today at pickup. Is she going in with Kate on the days that the other kids nap and she's not?

Rebecca said...

LOL, Julia!! ;)
It's only a few months out of the year that Vick will vent about "our" crazy football talk. (There's a running joke about Wisconsinites using the term "we" when speaking about the GB Packers.)

Looks like we got the "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" we wanted for a Mr. Ted Thompson, Vick.... he looked great, didn't he? Although - that was in part due to the fact that none of the Packers dare to crush #4 with a sack, so he had all the time in the world to throw the ball. ;)

Glad Bean is doing better. Although, I now realize, it's Thursday, and this was a Monday post. Fill us in :)

Hugs to you and the girls

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing